Thursday, September 15, 2011

Music Memory Lane

I never really thought that music was a big part of my life, meaning I'm not musically talented. Recently, however, I have realized how much it was a part of my life growing up. The earliest stuff I can remember is second grade when N'SYNC came out. Yep. Thats right I was eight. How old does that make you feel? Haha. Even though I didn't grow up in a house full of musically talented people, although my dad can play spoons with the best of them, music was still a big part of my life. I have very fond memories of listening to music with my dad and watching him jam out and slam the steering wheel. I'm also pretty sure that my mom taught me to sing "Somethin Like That" as soon as it came out.

Anways I was thinking of a few of my favorites from the past. I have to laugh that as I was playing the videos for Anthony I still remembered every word!

B*witched: C'est La Vie.
Please tell me someone else out there has heard of this song! I remember putting the casette tape in the radio down stairs and dancing out to it in the basement!


Spice Girls: Wannabe
My friends and I used to "play" Spice Girls all the time. We used to fight over who go to be who, I always got Baby Spice. Mostly because I looked like her the most. I also remember my mother doing her best to shield me from this group. Ha. My friends and I jammed out to it at their houses. (I never had a Spice Girls CD). Does anyone remember the movie they came out with? Spice World. I think I may have to torture Anthony into watching it on Netflix.



Outkast: Sorry Ms. Jackson
This came out when I was introduced to listening to the radio. Mainly 94.9 zht (which has since changed to 97.1 and I still listen to it!) This is when I was introduced to the world of hip hop and R&B which happen to be some of my favorite forms of music now.


ATeens: SOS
I'm not sure if anybody else listened to them at the time, but they were basically a younger version of ABBA. I don't think they ever sang their own songs, but I'm not sure. This was one of my very first CD's. Haha!



Britney Spears: Hit Me Baby One More Time
Can we really talk about growing up during the 90's without talking about Britney Spears. My parents wouldn't get me the CD instead I got N'SYNC. Don't digress my best friend had the CD and we totally jammed out. This also brings out my memories of watching music videos on MTV in the mornings before school.



Nelly: Hot in Here
This song was so catchy. I only put this song on here though because it brings to mind an awesome memory. My best friend and I were babysitting my little brother Matthew and we were playing music really loud and dancing around and this song came on. Later that evening at the dinner table Matthew proceeds to sing this song, "its getting hot in here so take off all your clothes." Mind you he was like five. Needless my parents told me I couldn't listen tot his song anymore! Ya right.


Anyways obviously my music selection was highly influenced by popular culture, but still these songs bring back some awesome and embarassing memories. (like the dances we used to come up with especially Spice Girls). Hopefully you got some laughs out of this or maybe it brought back some memories for you!?

P.S. Sorry for any typos. For some reason I cannot type on my parents keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Me Some Comments!